Apr 23, 2014

Documented Life Project Planner

Updating about my Documented Life Planner.  It's been awhile since I've posted.  I did this one as an extra on week 5.  It's inspired from Judy Pham's work.  She's really wonderful.  It took a couple of hours to draw.  I love watercolors so I added color.  Love how she turned out and she's now at home in my planner.

This was inspired by Loui Jover.  I love his work so much.  I would love to have a piece of his art to hang in my home one day.  I love doing this one.  He using entire book pages to do a painting.  I only had a small area so I cut a couple of pages in small shapes.  The entire page makes for a much better effect.  This was for week 6.

Week 9 was the celebration of Mardi Gras in Louisiana so this was done on the back of my challenge water color page.  The purple background is actually Dr. P.H. Martin's Concentrated Water Color in Hyacinth Blue.  It's really more of a purple so that worked out good.  I enjoyed creating this page.

Week 11 was to create something with a bird on it.  I loved this little fat Robin so I drew him.  I took the photo before I added some details so he does look better now on my page.  He's just so cute with his chubby little cheeks.

Week 12 was to use something you cut out of a magazine.  I'd been sick this week so I used two clipping and painting the background with what else?  Blue of course.  That was about all I could muster up in order to keep up.

Week 14 we were to draw our name.  Who doesn't have practice with that?  All the doodling in high school while you're supposed to be taking notes?  I drew mine and added lines going all different directions.  I colored those in with Liquitex acrylic inks and then used Dr. P.H. Martin's concentrated Water colors in Raspberry to add the really bright pink background.  I love the bright colors.  I'm loving these concentrated watercolors.  I need more colors.

Week 15 was to create something monotone.  I did a face.  I've been trying to work on faces lately.  I need more work.  I make them way too long with long necks.  Practice makes perfect though.  I'll never be perfect, maybe a little better but not perfect.

Week 17 or this week's challenge was to add a photo or draw your favorite shoes.  My favs are my Birkenstock Gizeh's.  I wore the first pair I had out but they did last me a good 3 or 4 years.  I wore them so much that the cork split on the left side where my foot bends when I walk.  I take good care of the cork on them to make them last.  I mainly wear Birkenstocks or Allegro shoes because my feet love me for it.  I made this page with a crafters Workshop stencil from Balzer's designs the leaf pattern and molding paste.  I used my heat gun to dry it because I'm impatient.  Then I painted it a bit with some folkart cheap acrylic neon paints.  The little paper scraps are from a project I've been doing lately. I had a lot of fun with this page.  I put the most into this one since I started this project believe it or not.

That's all for now.  Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment