May 31, 2015

It's been a busy few months around here.

I can't believe it's almost June.  Time is flying so fast this year.  I haven't had much time for art in the past month.  I've been busy helping to plan our daughter's wedding that is in July.  I'm thinking of paying my son to elope when his time comes.  Of course that's a joke because what Mother wouldn't want to see her only son get married?  He will be the last one of 4.

We celebrated Mother's Day and went to church that morning.  It was a wonderful day.

Then the following week I attended the Bridal Luncheon in Biloxi for our daughter and met her wedding party.  We had a great meal and enjoyed visiting.  We are on the less than 6 weeks countdown to the wedding.

That Saturday we went to see Shelby's girlfriend graduate from college.  Over 800 people graduated that day.  It took a long time but we are so happy for her.  She's a year older than Shelby.  Some happy news, Shelby finished this semester with a 3.5 gpa.  We are so proud of him!  He's officially a Sr. now and will start his next semester in August.  He's working full time this summer.  Only 3 more semesters.  Time has got past us.  It seems like yesterday he was graduating from Kindergarten.
Lately I have become planner obsessed.  I start out with a personal size Filofax and that worked for a little bit.  Then I moved up to an A-5 Filofax which was great.
Then I decided I really wanted to try the Travelers Notebook style.  I discovered Foxy Fix on Etsy and fell in love with all the dyed leather colors she uses.  So I got a regular size with extra room.  I LOVE it!
Then I discovered May Designs.  Their books fit the A-5 size Travelers Notebook.  Yes I ordered one in dragon fruit (fuchsia, hot pink).

Foxy Fix offers all different types of options which I love.  I'm even more excited about the book inserts I added.
I always take notes during our Paster's sermons.  So this lovely little book is from May Designs.  I will be using it this morning at church.
I also found this Humbled Hearts Day book.  It's a 4 mth. prayer journal.  It comes in 3 different styles and it's so awesome.  I think it's going to be a keeper for me.
I love planning so much that I joined the Planning Society monthly kit from Scarlet Lime.  Lots of goodies to decorate my planners with.
On a sad note, my son's Poppie passed away in April.  I continued to be very close to him through the years.  He was in his 70's.  He will be greatly missed.


I hope to get back to some art soon.  Maybe after July.....





No comments:

Post a Comment